We have come a long way since the McClymonds Public Library first opened on the corner of Fourth Street and North Avenue, NE, in 1899. Over the years the addition of more books and materials and increased library usage made it necessary to move to a larger facility. Mrs. Frank Baldwin bequeathed her home and property in 1930 to be used as a library, museum or both.
The Main Library and the now closed West Side branch both opened in 1937. The Brewster and Navarre branches opened in village schools in the 1930's. Today they are in new locations serving both as public and school libraries.
Bookmobile service began in 2002, bringing a revolving collection of books and other materials to community facilities across our service area.