Snowmen will soon take over the library! After the Massillon Holiday Parade on Saturday, November 17, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the Children’s Department, along with the Massillon Kiwanis Club, will host a snowman-themed holiday event with a variety of activities taking place throughout the library. The Children’s Department, decorated as a winter wonderland, will have an igloo for children to go inside and read books.
Highlights of the day include:
- The Massillon Public Library Bookmobile, decked out in winter holiday decorations for the parade, will make its musical drive down Lincoln Way, led by the Library’s book cart drill team dressed as snowmen.
- The Kiwanis Club will host a Cookie Contest in the library auditorium. The public can purchase a sample plate of these delicious cookies for $1, which also includes milk. Then they can vote for their favorite!
- Cozy up to the fireplace for one of the family story times taking place in the Reading Room. Two sessions will be offered: one beginning at 11:30 a.m. and one at 12:30 p.m.
- Two “snowy” craft stations will be set up in the Children’s Department for families to “make and take” a craft.
- “Frosty the Snowman,” the 20 minute TV classic, will be shown continuously from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Auditorium. Watch a little while you sample cookies, or sit down and watch it all!
- Snowmen cardboard cutouts will be placed throughout the library so you can bring your camera and capture a holiday picture of your family.
- Santa Claus is visiting our library once again to hear the wishes of children of all ages. Free photos with Santa, as well as a candy cane, will be offered in the Local History Department, courtesy of the Kiwanis Club, CVS and Tidwell’s Photography Studio.
- Gift basket raffle. Proceeds benefit Kiwanis Club Children’s charities and library programs. Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.
Many families make visiting the library right after the Holiday Parade a yearly tradition. Join the fun this year for the 3rd annual Holiday Open House, and kick off your holiday season right! Before you leave, save time on your holiday baking by picking up some cookies and baked goods at the bake sale table.
No registration is required for this free program. For more information, contact Diane Brant at 330-832-5037.
The Massillon Public Library is located at 208 Lincoln Way East. The Second Street entrance is handicap accessible.